Does this describe you?
You work with kids studying music in the schools, but only now and then or seasonally. You introduce students to a fresh perspective on a piece, a technique, or even a wide range of music. Perhaps you are the means to get them excited about learning! Maybe you help students polish their skills after school, so they are prepared for the next day’s rehearsal. Or maybe you just believe in the power of music education… But you’re not a full-time teacher.
If any of these descriptions sound like you, then YOU are just the kind of person we hope will consider NAfME Associate membership! Many of our Associate members collaborate with part-time teachers, performers, instructors, parents and music lovers in their community every day. Sometimes, this collaboration is the only way the job gets done! NAfME wants to recognize you for your good work, and also wants you to benefit personally!
Here are just a few of the ways that Associate members can benefit from their relationship with NAfME:
1. Feel powerful! We are tens of thousands of your peers, offering support and advocating on behalf of kids, to protect access to music education!!!
2. Be recognized for your knowledge and skills, through access to tools and the latest updates on the revised National Standards for Music Education.
5. Save money, with discounts on music education books from Rowman & Littlefield Education.
8. Our Membership Services team has decades of knowledge on all sorts of stuff! Ask them anything!
9. Professional training at LOW member rates, through our National In-Service Conference, online and recorded webinars, and the Music Research and Teacher Education National Conference.
10. Be on the cutting edge. Savvy music education ideas are available in every issue of our Teaching Music.
Ready to join us today? Click here!
January 30, 2015. © National Association for Music Education (NAfME.org)