2021–2022 Music In Our Schools Month®
Music In Our Schools Month® (MIOSM®) takes a new tack this year, focusing on lessons for kindergarten and third-grade that help them learn elements of music through some classic children’s songs. These lessons and songs, as well as other grade level materials, can be found in the lesson plan page. All are available without charge to teachers for their use during MIOSM and beyond.
All lessons are Copyright ©2021 by the National Association for Music Education (NAfME).
JOIN US! For the 2022 MIOSM Advocacy Celebration.
Click here to learn more.
What is MIOSM®?
- What is Music In Our Schools Month (MIOSM)?
- History of MIOSM and past MIOSM themes and logos
- View the 2022 Music In Our Schools Month® Lesson Plans Handbook Available Now!
- Access the new 2021–’22 MIOSM Lesson Plans, and previous lesson plans
- 2022 MIOSM Press Release Available Now!
How Can I Get Involved?
- Contact Your State’s MIOSM Chairperson
- View the MIOSM Daily Prompts for social media. Download graphics for Instagram and for Twitter and Facebook. Available Now!
- Other Ideas for Celebrating MIOSM
- MIOSM Advocacy Celebration, March 31st
- MIOSM and Advocacy Resources
- 2022 MIOSM Proclamation Sample
- 2022 MIOSM Resolutions Sample
- Local Advocacy Action Plan
- Insert for Your Concert Program
- Register for a MIOSM Participation Certificate