2020–2021 Music In Our Schools Month®
Music In Our Schools Month® (MIOSM®) takes a new tack this year, focusing on lessons for fourth-graders that help them learn elements of music through some classic children’s songs. The lessons and songs, however, can be shared at many levels. All are available without charge to teachers for their use during MIOSM and beyond.
All lessons are Copyright ©2020 by the National Association for Music Education (NAfME).
Mark your calendar for March 29 at 7:00 PM EDT, the Young Composers Concert featuring the Akropolis Reed Quintet performing the work of winning student composers from the NAfME 2020 competition. Register today!
- Learn about the new direction of Music In Our Schools Month® Now updated for 2021 MIOSM
- Access the 2020–’21 MIOSM Lesson Plans
- Watch the virtual NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles Concerts on March 4th to kick off MIOSM
- 2021 MIOSM Press Release Now available!
- View the MIOSM Daily Prompts for social media
- What is Music In Our Schools Month (MIOSM)?
- History of MIOSM and past MIOSM themes and logos
- Join the Biggest School Chorus in the World
- Change your profile picture for the month of March
- Other Ideas for Celebrating MIOSM
- Contact Your State’s MIOSM Chairperson
- Insert for Your Concert Program
- Register for a MIOSM Participation Certificate Opening March, 2021!
- Purchase items for your classroom