All Music. All People.
2018-2019 Music In Our Schools Month®
Music In Our Schools Month® (MIOSM™) takes a new tack this year, focusing on lessons for first-graders that help them learn elements of music through some classic children’s songs in English and Spanish. The lessons and songs, however, can be shared at many levels. All are available without charge to teachers for their use during MIOSM and beyond.
All lessons are Copyright ©2018 by the National Association for Music Education except the two by Val Ellett, “Here Comes Uncle Jesse” and “Macalililion.”
2018-2019 MIOSM™ Overview from the Council for General Music Education
- Learn about the new direction of Music In Our Schools Month®
- Access the 2018-19 MIOSM Lesson Plans
- What is Music In Our Schools Month (MIOSM)?
- History of MIOSM
- Join the Biggest School Chorus in the World
- Other Ideas for Celebrating MIOSM
- Contact Your State’s MIOSM Chairperson
- Insert for Your Concert Program
- Purchase items for your classroom